08 March 2011

Some Images That Caught My Eye

     I really struggled to find some images of pregnant women illustrated in a pop art style, however by trying to find them i found some other images that caught my eye and i think they give a fresh, more contemporary look on pregnancy. 
     This first image of four ladies all pregnant and it is called 'Las Vegas Moms'. I like this image because all of the colours being all florescent. However, i dont think they give a realistic image of a pregnant woman. The rest of their bodys other than there stomach doesn't look like it is in proportion. It reminds me of clip art.
     This second image is from www.flickr.com. It is a one off and i love it! It is an image based on a photograph and its is called 'Maya pregnant'. I think this image looks really graphical and i love the small use of colour that contasts the black and white figure. This image looks like it has been stencilled, and the style of it really reminds me of the work that Banksy did.  I went to have a look to see if Banksy had done any work that relates to my pregnancy theme and this is what i found. This is called 'Danger Monkey Pregnant Woman'. I do like this image because it is so different from everything I have looked at so far. The body of a woman and the face resembling the features of a cartoon style monkey, i would really like to know how and why Banksy did this piece. I cannot find any information on this piece of work, but I like it because of its originality.  All of these images have given me ideas for the next stages of my project. Before I went to continue this on, I found an image called 'Medicine and Pregnant Woman'. This image looks just like my paintings showing a woman at five and seven months pregnant!   Even the  colours are very similar. However I do still like my paintings better and I don't like the blue background on this image. This image is showing a lot of the medical sides to pregnancy.



No comments:

Post a Comment