17 February 2011

My concept and what i have found.

     
      I have been looking online to find information and ideas to go with my concept of figure and form - pregnancy. As i am quite fond of printing, some prints on the website www.pregnantearth.com really stood out to me. These are fine art prints that are for sale. 


     I like this image because you can see the baby inside of the womb, and the effect of the blue background of the body reminds me of a sea and its like the baby is in the ocean. This portrays a calm, peaceful environment for the baby. However, having the black background gives a dark and mysterious feel, I prefer images that are  brighter.


     I really like this image due to the contrast of the colours. To me it looks like the woman is sitting in the moon, blowing out stars. This gives a magical effect, perhaps showing how magical pregnancy can be. I like the use of line in this print, the figure simply being shown by black lines gives a graphical look. 



    I really like the use of line and colour in these pieces of work.  This is something i want to look more in depth at. Also, i think they have a pop art feel to them. Finding these images is a definite starting point for me. I look forward to producing some of my own prints in the style of these ones. Some parts of these images have digital and water colour aspects of them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment